Conditions of Enrolment
1. All applicants must have a valid student visa to enable them to study in the United Kingdom.
2. All contributions, including registration fees, are payable in advance. All deposits are non-refundable.
The school reserves the right not to accept the student if contributions have not been paid by the starting date.
Contributions apply to published dates and are as invoiced. The full contribution is payable for students accepted into the school after the start of the school year if students withdraw, fees for the remainder of the year will not be refunded. A registration fee is charged for new students only.
N.B. The school requires three months notice in writing if a parent wishes to withdraw his/her child from the school.
3. The school reserves the right to withhold acceptance of a new enrolment at its discretion if such action is deemed to be in the best interests of the School or the student.
4. The school reserves the right to introduce Student Support Fees where a psychologist’s assessment has indicated that they are appropriate.
5. Students are expected to attend school, behave and study in accordance with the policies of the Academy. In particular parents are required to support the implementation of the Academy’s Behaviour Policy. This policy includes the right of the Academy to apply sanctions in the case of misbehaviour which can include temporary or permanent exclusion for the most serious incidents.
6. If the parents are not going to be resident in the UK a guardian must be nominated who lives within a reasonable distance of the Academy and the School must be informed.
7. By signing the admission application form, parents consent to their child following the entire King Fahad Academy curriculum.
8. Students admitted to The King Fahad Academy will be placed with their peer group according to age. Students entering Pre-KG (Nursery) must be three years old by the 31st of August of the year of entry. Those entering KG1 (Reception) must be four years old by the 31st of August of the year of entry, and those entering KG2 (Year One) must be five years old by the 31st of August of the year of entry.
9. The King Fahad Academy is a multicultural and bi-lingual community and as such all staff, parents and student must be treated with fairness, respect and in a wholly non-discriminatory manner. The school reserves the right to terminate this contract with immediate effect in the case of non-compliance with the above.
10. The contract between parents/guardians and the school is governed by English Law. Parents /guardians agree with us to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The school reserves the right to change or add to these terms and conditions from time to time for legal, safety or other substantive reasons. Or in order to assist the proper delivery of education at the school. The school will notify parents/guardians of any such modification prior to the end of the preceding term before the modifications are to take effect.
12. If payment is made by cheque to the Academy and this cheque has been returned unpaid by the drawer’s bank, then the Academy has the right to cancel the registration.
13. All students are expected to achieve attendance of 95% or above. Absence will only be authorised in exceptional circumstances. If 20 school sessions are missed (10 days), the school will inform the local education authority. Parents may be fined in line with the UK regulations if their children fail to attend school regularly.
Children will be removed from the register after 10 school days unauthorised absence. Parents will be required to register their children again and pay any fees due.
14. The King Fahad Academy reserves the right to defer admission of certain students for a limited period of time based on the student’s linguistic needs, his/her age and the course that they intend to pursue at the Academy (Primary, Upper School, IBDP)