Conditions of Enrolment
1. All applicants must have a valid student visa to enable them to study in the United Kingdom.
2. All contributions, including registration fees, are payable in advance. All deposits are non-refundable.
The school reserves the right not to accept the student if contributions have not been paid by the starting date.
Contributions apply to published dates and are as invoiced. The full contribution is payable for students accepted into the school after the start of the school year. If students withdraw, fees for the remainder of the year will not be refunded. A registration fee is charged for new students only.
N.B. The school requires three months notice in writing if a parent wishes to withdraw his/her child from the school.
3. The school reserves the right to withhold acceptance of an enrolment at its discretion if such action is deemed to be in the best interests of the School or the student.
4. The school reserves the right to introduce Student Support Fees where a psychologist’s assessment has indicated that they are appropriate.
5. Students are expected to attend school regularly and punctually and should be present throughout the course of study, unless prevented from doing so for medical reasons. Persistent failure in this regard will be held to be serious misconduct.
6. If the parents are not going to be resident in London, a guardian must be nominated and the School informed.
7. The signed registration form gives permission for the student to participate in all supervised activities without exception within and outside the school premises, including educational field trip which form part of the school programme.
8. Students admitted to the King Fahad Academy will usually be placed with their peer group. Students entering Pre-KG must be three years old, those entering KG1 must be four years old, and those entering KG2 must be five years old by the 31st of August of the year of entry.
9. The King Fahad Academy is a multicultural and bi-lingual community and as such all staff, parents and students must be treated with fairness, respect and in a wholly non-discriminatory manner. The school reserves the right to terminate this contract with immediate effect in the case of non-compliance with the above.
10. The contract between parents/guardians and the school is governed by English Law. Parents/guardians agree with us to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The school reserves the right to change or add to these terms and conditions from time to time for legal, safety or other substantive reasons, or in order to assist the proper delivery of education at the school. The school will notify parents/guardians of any such modification prior to the end of the preceding term before the modifications are to take effect.
12. If payment is made by cheque to the Academy and this cheque has been returned unpaid by the drawer’s bank, then the Academy has the right to cancel the registration.
13. Any student absent from the Academy for more than 30 school days (6 weeks) will be taken off the register and will be treated as a new applicant upon return.
14.The King Fahad Academy reserves the right to defer admission of certain students for a limited period of time based on the student’s linguistic needs, his/her age and the course that they intend to pursue at the Academy (Primary, Middle School, IGCSE, IBDP).