At the King Fahad Academy we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of care, safety and wellbeing for all students. Our students and staff are encouraged to talk openly about any concerns or worries the students have and know that they will be listened to. The comfort and security of our school environments, the pastoral care and emotional wellbeing of our students, the rigorous vetting of our staff, and robust policies, procedures and training in all areas relating to the care and safety of children underpin our daily routines.
There are six main elements to our practice and these are explained in detail in our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy:
- Providing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- Supporting pupils who have been abused or harmed in accordance with his/her child protection plan.
- Raising awareness of safeguarding children, child protection processes and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Encouraging and supporting parents/carers, and working in partnership with them to keep children safe from harm and promote children’s well-being.
Designated Trustee for Child Protection
Dr Ibraheem Al Hanoot – firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Teachers –
Stuart McWilliams (DSL) – 020 8723 4083
LA Child Protection Contact/Designated Officer
Paul Andrews – 020 8825 8930
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
(Sherwyn Sicat, Child Protection Advisor (CPA) also provides LADO support to the LADO on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays and is contactable via the details above)
Advisory Child Protection line
Ealing Children’s Integrated Response Service (ECIRS)
020 8825 8155
Child Abuse Investigation Team (CAIT)
020 8246 1901
Ealing Prevent Safeguarding Enquiries
Paul Smith – 02088257590
Nazia Matin – 02088258895